Counsellor and Focusing Guide Brussels – Ruth Friedman
- Do you want to feel better about your life?
- Do you want to take better care of YOURSELF – as well as the people and things that need your care?
Working with me can help you to learn how to find a deep sense of self acceptance and well-being
Welcome to my personal page. My name is Ruth Friedman. On this page, I would like to give you a bit more information about myself and my work.
My professional background is diverse. I am trained as a scientist, as an environmentalist and as an educator. I have worked in corporate IT, in the public and not for profit sectors. I have worked as a consultant, a coach and trainer for OSCE, Council of Europe, European Commission Cancer Support group, Cartus, BGRS, CrossCulture Academy, among others.
I have lived in Belgium since 2005 when I moved here for personal reasons, and I am from the UK. When I lived in the UK I was as a mentor and counsellor for adults and young people (aged 13- 25).
Today I work with diverse methods, which include whole-body focusing, mindful self-compassion, positive psychology, and art therapy.
Working with me can help you to:
- Deal with a strong inner critic
- Heal challenging relationships
- Address issues related to food and eating
- Overcome phobias such as fear of flying or claustrophobia
- Deal with panic attacks
- Overcome chronic fatigue and chronic pain
- Feel more connected and stop feeling isolated
- address issues related to your body, including illness, injury and sexuality
I am registered as focusing guide with the Focusing Institute of New York since 2016. Focusing is an inner-directed enquiry process that can bring more connection to yourself, and your sense of wholeness. It can help to dismantle stress patterns and to find more ease a calm in your life. It can bring emotional distance from challenging relationships, so that you can transform them into healthy ones.
My work comes out of my own extensive personal development journey that I have been on most of my adult life. In my work, I draw on my own life journey as well as the numerous trainings that I have followed:
- Advanced Certificate in Relational Whole Body Focusing (2015 – 2017)
- Inner Relationship Focusing Levels 1 – 4, (2014 – 2015)
- Certified Expressive and Creative Arts Therapy workshops, Centre Rhapsodie, Brussels (2011 – 2013)
- Mindful Self Compassion with Kristin Neff and Chris Germer 2012
- Arts of Being® Trainings 2001 – 2003, 2006 – 2008, 2008 – 2010
- Art of being ® Teachers Training Certificate 2011 – 2013
- Time for Change Encounter Group with therapist Jill Hall . (Monthly group 1994 – 2006)
- Five Rhythms expressive dance practitioner since 1994
I have also studied:
- Existential Well-Being Counselling with Mia Leijssen
- Foundations of Well Being with Rick Hanson,
- Positive Psychology with Barbara Frederickson,